Install your parental control on Android devices in 4 steps
Thanks to Parentsaround parental control software, you can protect your children even when they go online from their Android smartphones or tablets.To install your parental control on an Android device, follow the instructions below or watch our tutorial video. If you still have the 1.33 version of the application, please watch this one.
1) Installating parental control on Android smartphones and tablets
- Go to the Google Play Store from the device concerned
- Write in the search bar “Parentsaround”
- Choose “Parents Around Parental Control”
- Click on “Install”
2) Start the application
Launch the application
- Sign in with your account login and password you created when you subscribed, or register yourself directly from the device.
- Choose a safety code to use the device as a parent, without any restriction.
- Set administrator privileges.
- Done ! You can now use your device without restriction, or create new users, update users, modify your settings..
Creating a child session
- Click on “Create a user” .
- Enter child’s name.
- Provide his birth date: it will be used as a basis for setting the level of Internet filtering.
- Choose the applications that the child will be allowed to run during authorized time slots.
- Emergency calls are always available.
First connection for a child user
- Click on the name of the child user.
- Create a safety code with them that can be easily remembered by your child and you, so they can access the session later.
- The child is now protected by parentsaround.com!
- By default, the child will access the Android open desktop, but only authorized applications will be accessible. Please note: the child can see his remaining time of use via the notification bar!
3) Main features
Embedded safe browserFor safe search on the Internet, use the embedded safe browser given by parentsaround.com. Our safe browser blocks all websites which are inappropriate according to your child’s age.
Request an application from the smartphoneTo ask your permission to access an unauthorized application, nothing could be easier: your child just has to launch the app in question, and click on “Request this app”. Immediately, you will be advised by email!
4) Manage your child’s security profile from your management console
Log in to your management console
- Your management console is available at www.parentsaround.com, click on “Dashboard” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Enter your login details.
- You can access your dashboard from your PC, mobile or tablet.
- If you install the parental control on two different devices used by your child, they both appear on the “Users” screen. You can merge those elements to create a unique profile, in which the same configuration will be applied. Click on the icon present in the top right corner of your user profile. A list including other profiles appears: select one of them and click on “Group”.
- In the management console go to “Users”.
- Click on “More” and the “Schedule” button of the child user concerned. You can also go directly to schedule from the menu.
- You can then manage when and how long your children will spend on each device, per day and per week!
- Create and customize predefined weeks type (“School”, “Holidays”, etc): click on “Weeks type”, then on the button “Modify” for one of the week templates.
Internet filtering level
- In the management console go to “Users”.
- Click on “More” and on the “Web filtering” button of the child user concerned. This option is also available in the menu, via the “Web filtering” button.
- Choose an appropriate level for internet filtering.
Allow applications during authorized time slots
- In the management console, go to “User”.
- Click on “More” and on the “Applications” button of the child user concerned, or go to this feature directly from the menu.
- Go to the tab “Allowed applications”.
- Select those applications that the child user will be allowed to run during authorized slots.
Allow critical applications (permanently accessible by children)
- In the management console click on the “Applications” button of the child user concerned.
- Go to the tab “Critical applications”. Click on the application that you want to allow permanently.