Install parental control software on computers in 3 steps
To install parental control software on your Windows computer, follow the instructions below or watch our tutorial video.
1) Sign up with your email address.
- Enter your email address in the subscription field to download your free parental control software.
- You will receive an email containing a link to download the software and a temporary password.
2) Download parental control software on all your computers.
- NB: Before downloading Parentsaround on your kid’s computer, be sure to be connected on a Administrator session. This session must be protected by a password known only by you ! Your child must have a “User” session, so he won’t be abble to uninstall the parental control.
- Click on the link in the email and install the parental control software from the administrator account (< 10 MO). Done ! The Parentsaround icon will appear in the drop-down menu at the bottom right of your screen. Your child will know for how long he can still use his computer by clicking on it.
- To install parental control software on another computer : connect yourself to the management console from the computer concerned, go to “Devices” and click on “Download Windows Program”.
3) Manage your children’s profile
Log in to your management console
- Your management console is available at www.parentsaround.com. Click on “Dashboard” on the top right-hand corner of the page and enter your login details.
- You can access your dashboard on your PC, smartphone or tablet.
Customize children’s account
- Once you are logged in, you can customize your children’s profile. Change their name, and choose a picture (optional).
- You can also group profiles to apply a maximum time of use to several devices. Go to “Users”, and click on the icon next to your child’s account. A list including other profiles appears: select one of them and click on “Group”.
2) Set allocated time slots
- You can set up a schedule of agreed time slots for computer use. Log in to your management console, click on “Schedule” of the user concerned or directly from the menu. Then insert, delete or move authorized time slots for each day of the week; define a maximum time of use per day and per week.
- You also can create and customize predefined weeks type (“School”, “Holidays”, etc). Click on “Weeks type”, then on the button “Modify” of one of the week templates.
3) Internet filtering
- Our parental control software automatically applies a suitable level of internet filtering according to the birth date you enter for each child use. Go to “Users”, click on “More” and “Web filtering”. At the bottom of the page, enter the birth date and click on “Use automatic web filtering”. This option is also available from the menu, via the “Web filtering” button.
- You can modify the level of internet filtering if necessary. Here there are the five pre-set levels:
- White list: This level only gives access to predefined sites for small kids
- Children : This level is recommended for kids between 8 and 12
- Teenage : recommended for teenagers between 13 and 17
- Please note that all websites visited by users of Parentsaround are immediately analysed (if the website isn’t already referenced in our database) according to the text (several languages) as well as pictures. All websites are then categorized. With this technology, we can continuously enrich and improve our database. A website, which should theoretically be blocked, could initially be allowed while it’s being analysed. This is a matter of 1 to 2 minutes then it will be blocked.
- Authorisations, prohibitions and visited websites: to refine the level of internet filtering, you can authorize some blocked (click the “Web Filtering” button of the user concerned, view tabs “Allowed sites” and “Forbidden sites”).
- When your children are on the internet and are blocked access to a particular website, they can ask you to allow the website by clicking on the green link. You will receive an email asking you to allow the website.
- You can view websites visited by user (whatever the computer). Websites visited are ranked according to the number of visits. This helps you get a better understanding of how and when your children go online. You can ban specific websites in this list.